Expectations for Y1
Here are the expectations for your child in Y1
· Our doors are open from 8.25 – 8.35am in the morning and our first lesson begins at 8.40am so please be on time. Our doors open at 3pm at the end of the day.
· Reading is to be done at least three times a week at home and diaries are to be ticked/ signed by the adult who listened to them. Reading books are collected in on a Monday and given back out on a Tuesday.
· Spellings are handed out on a Tuesday to be practised at home. They are practised in school too and the spelling test is on Friday.
· PE days are Wednesday and Friday. Children are to wear a plain white T-shirt, black shorts/ joggers and black pumps for PE lessons as per the school uniform policy.
· It is essential that your child’s name is clearly labelled with their full name in all uniform.
· Attendance is expected to be at least 97%. This is equivalent to having just five days off throughout the academic year.
· If you have any questions, please speak to any member of the Y1 team on the door after school or you can send us a message via Class Dojo.