Our attendance target is 97%
Please call the office to provide reasons of any absence. Medical appointments where possible should be made outside of school hours.
Our free Breakfast Club is open daily from 8.45am
If the children are on time and at school every day they receive an attendance sticker for their chart which they are allowed to spend in the attendance shop. So don’t miss out!
The legal stance
- All Children in England are to attend school for 190 days per year.
- All members of staff are to attend work for 195 days per year. (individual schools determine the 5 staff training days, and are often different for all schools)
- Children cannot be granted authorised absence for holidays, day trips or for visiting relatives during term time.
- Children receive 2 marks in the school register each day.
- Schools administer the registers for attendance, that are electronically checked by the local Education Welfare Officer (EWO).
- Parents have the legal responsibility to ensure that their children are in school during term time.
- Parents are responsible to inform the school if their child is absent from school with a reason for the absence.
- Absences are categorised by all schools in England in the same way in the class registers.
- Schools will send out letters informing parents when a child’s attendance falls below an unacceptable percentage and will be invited to discuss the attendance with an Education Welfare Officer from the local authority.
- The Local Authority and the Education Welfare Officer have the legal powers to issue fixed term fines of £60 per parent for poor attendance.
- Schools monitor lateness rigorously as children need to be in school on time.
Our school contact for any issues relating to school attendance is our Home School Link Worker; Mrs Sally Adams or Mrs Lupton, the Head of School.